Our UC Community Garden gardening season, which runs on a yearly basis, begins November 1st, 2023. We start the season in November for two reasons. First, so that the soil can be taken care of and prepared for the next season, and second, as we can grow some cold hardy crops over the winter. Garden boxes are availabe for individuals to rent or to collective UC community groups. For individual involvement you can register here. Once a box has been approved and allocated you can pay online and sign the Community Garden Agreement. For a collective gardening plot, any UC community group - a homegroup for example, can apply directly to Noah, our community garden coordinator.
Annual Fees for garden boxes are as follows:
- Shallow Triangle Box - $30/yr
- Deeper Triangle Box - $40/yr
- Rectangular Box (for personal use) - $50yr
How It Works
- Register online through link above indicating your box preference. We will do our best to allocate your preference but it is not guaranteeed as registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Upon confirmation of a garden box you will receive the gardening guidelines and policies agreement for the community garden along with a form to sign in. Payment will be due at this time which can be made online.
- If you are allocated a garden box it will be your responsibility to care for, water, and maintain
it. The boxes will have soil in them but you will need to provide your own compost or manure
to enrich the soil. A couple of bags should be enough for one box.here
If you have questions, please contact Noah for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org