Statement of Faith
We share a set of basic beliefs with all orthodox Christians, which have historically been set forth in statements such as the Nicene Creed and Apostles' Creed.
We affirm that, while Christians often differ on minor points of doctrine, certain convictions regarding our faith are foundational. These essential convictions comprise our statement of faith.
We believe in
- The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption, and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and life.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, making all humanity subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty, and power of sin.
- The justification of any repentant sinner by the grace of God, through faith alone in Christ crucified and physically raised from the dead.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The unity and common priesthood of all true believers, who together form the one universal church, the body of which Christ is the head.
- God-honouring, life-enhancing sexuality finds its expression in the goodness of celibate singleness and the life-long covenant of marriage between a man and a woman.
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus.
We also affirm the unity in Christ of all who acknowledge him as Lord, and therefore celebrate our connection to the universal body of Christ around the world. As an expression of this unity we are affiliated to the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada.