Effective November 30, 2021
It is becoming evident that the new coronavirus (COVID-19) will become part of our foreseeable reality. Although much progress has been made to curb the transmission of the virus and its variants, we are still in the midst of the pandemic. It is the desire of University Chapel to honour the sanctity of human life by protecting all our community members and visitors by setting the following COVID Protocols. Please note that we will continue to review and adjust our protocols to meet best practices as we receive new information when the health regulations are updated.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well, have any COVID symptoms, cold or flu.
- Masks are mandatory in all spaces in the building. Exceptions:
- any person who is less than 5 years of age;
- any person who is unable to wear a face covering because of
i. a psychological, behavioural or health condition, or
ii. a physical, cognitive or mental impairment;
- any person who is unable to put on or remove a face covering without the assistance of another person;
- during worship services in the sanctuary and prayer chapel
- Masks are required for everyone in the sanctuary and prayer chapel during the worship services. Exceptions:
- any person who is leading the service in any capacity on stage.
- Mask requirements for homegroup gatherings should receive full consensus from all group members. In the event that agreement cannot be reached, mask requirement is the default.
- Masks may be removed when seated for a meal or snack.
- Mask requirements for all other ministries and events will be communicated in advance.
- Proof of vaccination will not be required to attend any UC worship services, although we strongly support the public health advice to get vaccinated.
- Proof of vaccination is required for everyone who serves in any capacity in the children and junior youth ministry.
Please contact Helen Hsu, UC Board Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns on these protocols.