The Reason for Home Groups
Home groups are the core of our community. Groups provide the opportunity for fellowship, Bible study, prayer, and accountability with the goal of nurturing maturity of faith. It is here that we wrestle with the issues of living an intentional and faithful life for God. It is built on the desire and action of growing and helping others to grow. We encourage everyone to be an active participant in a Home Group (not just an attendee). It is a place to pray, learn, fellowship, encourage and speak truth to one another out of love (not superiority or judgment), letting others do the same for us.
Participation involves openness, honesty and a willingness to learn and grow. Sunday Worship and Home Group fellowship are two integral parts of active discipleship -- they are not independent "activities". Discipleship means connecting with each other outside of the meetings: phoning, praying, and building relationships. Maturity is about the ability and desire to serve according to needs and gifting in a way that is honoring to God and edifying to others. Volunteering to serve in our community comes out of the support and discernment of gifting and call that happens in the Home Group setting.
About Our Home Groups
- Groups meet on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays.
Groups are active from September to June, many 'close' for the summer as members are away.
Groups consist of 10-15 people, who commit themsleves to attending and participating.
Leaders, co-leaders, and hosts share the responsibilities of group leadership, and new leaders are constantly being encouraged to come forward for training.
New members are usually added to groups in September and January. Every effort is made to allow groups to coalesce and bond well before and after those two 'entry points.
How to Join a Home Group
- Follow this link to view our current home groups. Here you can filter groups by time and location.
- Find a group that meets near your home or workplace, is on your preferred date (our groups meet Sundays, Mondays, and Thrusdays) and is not already full.
- Once you have found a group that interests you, click the "Join this group" button. You will need to provide your e-mail, first and last names, as well as a short message about your interest in the group.
- The group leader will then receive your message and, if the group has space, will add you to the group and provide contact information for the next meeting (this can take a few days).