“Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’” —Matthew 19:14
Welcome to University Chapel’s Children’s Ministry! As we gear up for the beginning of the school year, we are preparing to relaunch our programs with the intention to learn to love God and love our neighbours in our new circumstances. We are currently holding in-person as well as online services, and would love to welcome both familiar and new faces!
In-person Sunday School will include elementary and toddler group activity options. Online Sunday School will continue until the end of August.
CLICK HERE to join the zoom room at 10:30am on Sundays.
If you are new to our children’s ministry programs or would like more information, please email Jaslyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are so glad that you’re here, and would love to get to know you and your family better!
- Nursery Care (0 - 1.5 years old)
The nursery is a welcoming place where your baby or toddler can rest and play while you are in the service. Experienced volunteers take care of the little ones from 10:00 am onwards. Please remember to let the volunteers know where you will sit in the sanctuary. The nursery is in the west wing (the first door to the right!).
- Toddler Program (1.5 - 3.5 years old)
This program is for children who have outgrown the nursery but are still too young for the Sunday School program. Your child stays with you in the service until all the kids are dismissed to their respective programs at 10:20 am. Toddler time is in the Sunday School wing (the first door to the right in the long hallway).
- Sunday School Program (3.5 - 9 years old)
We refer to this program as Adventure Land: a place where children can experience God and have fun; a place where they are valued and loved; a place where they learn more about God through activities, crafts, games and small group interaction. Our goal is for the children to get to know Jesus, to build a living relationship with him, and to be excited to walk with Him. Through this, they will be inspired to invite and share the excitement and good news with friends and neighbours in their community!
The children initially stay with their parents in the service to join the community in worship. Once they are invited to go to Sunday School at 10:20 am, the children head to the Sunday school area in the west wing. The Sunday School room is the second door to the right.
Several Comments from Parents' about the Children's Programs at UC...
- “The program provides the opportunity for kids to learn and share the love of Jesus...”
- “It’s great to see the program nurture the children’s’ spiritual foundation and allow them to explore their creativity in a healthy social environment.”
- “I really like the fact that individual attention (i.e. the desire to provide love and care for each child) is encouraged in your programs.”
- “Our kids have lots of fun while learning about Jesus...they look forward to it all week long...”
- “It’s great to know the range of activities that you offer. I really appreciate the enthusiasm of the leaders and the thoughtfulness and consideration that has gone into the program.”
- “We are new to the program but so far we like the consistency – it’s easy for the little ones to make the transition from one age group to the next...”
- “This interactive approach to engaging with the children is great! I like the idea of using drama, puppets, videos, and other creative elements to tell the bible story.”
Children's Ministry: An Opportunity for Volunteers to Grow
Our programs were created to bless not only the children but the volunteers as well. It is a place where the adults can use their gifts to share God’s love and story to the little ones and be spiritually nourished and blessed by working together with other members of our community.
If you are interested in and have felt called to volunteer in our children’s ministry, please contact Jaslyn at email@example.com.
Children's Ministry: Prayer
Please pray for the children, so that they may grow in Christ and in their relationships with their friends and family during this time, and for the volunteers, so that they may teach, guide, and care for the children with patience, kindness, and joy. Please pray for the health and safety of the children and the volunteers, and that God may be glorified through the stories and conversations they will share.