Home groups are the core of our community. It is here that we wrestle with the issues of living an intentional and faithful life for God. It is built on the desire and action of growing and helping others to grow. We encourage everyone to be an active participant in a Home Group (not just an attendee). It is a place to pray, learn, fellowship, encourage and speak truth to one another out of love (not superiority or judgment), letting others do the same for us.
Participation involves openness, honesty and a willingness to learn and grow. Sunday Worship and Home Group fellowship are two integral parts of active discipleship -- they are not independent "activities". Discipleship means connecting with each other outside of the meetings: phoning, praying, and building relationships. Maturity is about the ability and desire to serve according to needs and gifting in a way that is honoring to God and edifying to others. Volunteering to serve in our community comes out of the support and discernment of gifting and call that happens in the Home Group setting.
- Groups provide the opportunity for fellowship, Bible study, prayer, and accountability with the goal of nurturing maturity of faith.
- Groups are active from September to June, many 'close' for the summer as members are away.
- Groups consist of 10-15 people, who commit themsleves to attending and participating.
- Leaders, co-leaders, and hosts share the responsibilities of group leadership, and new leaders are constantly being encouraged to come forward for training.
- The study curriculum for the home groups is recommended by the UC Teaching Committee, who are also responsibile for developing the preaching plan. Therefore the groups are for those committed to both Sunday Worship and home group attendance at University Chapel.
- Groups meet on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays.
- New members are usually added to groups in September and January. Every effort is made to allow groups to coalesce and bond well before and after those two 'entry points.
If you are interested in joining a home group, please contact email@example.com.