Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
Nursery Care (0 - 1 ½ years old)
The nursery is a welcoming place where your baby or toddler can play or rest while you are in the service. Experienced volunteers take care of the little ones from 10:00 am onwards. Please remember to sign your child in and let the volunteers know where you will sit in the sanctuary. The room is found on the main floor across the lounge near the UC Welcome Table.
Toddler Program (1 ½ - 3 ½ years old)
“Toddler time” is our Sunday school for toddlers. It is for children who have outgrown the nursery but are still too young for the Sunday school program. Your child stays with you in the service until all the big kids are sent to Sunday school / Youth Program at 10:20 am. Toddler time is in the greenway room next to the foyer and you sign your child in the same way you do in the nursery.
Sunday School Program (3 ½ - 9 years old)
We refer to this program as the “Adventure Land”: a place where they experience God and have fun; a place where they are valued; a place where we celebrate how God has made them; a place where they learn more about God through activities, crafts, games and small group interaction. Our goal is for the kids to get to know Jesus, to build a living relationship with him, and to be excited to walk with Him. It is an environment where the kids have heaps of fun while learning about God’s story. Through this, they will be inspired to invite and share the excitement and good news with friends and neighbours in their community!
The children initially stay with their parents in the service to join the community in worship. Once they are invited to go to Sunday school at 10:20 am, the children head down to the Sunday school area in the basement.
- Family Games Night on Oct 31st
- Christmas and Easter Pageants
- 5-Day Vacation Bible School in August
- Sunday School Picnic in June
Several Comments from Parents' about the Children's Programs at UC...
- “The program provides the opportunity for kids to learn and share the love of Jesus...”
- “It’s great to see the program nurture the children’s’ spiritual foundation and allow them to explore their creativity in a healthy social environment.”
- “I really like the fact that individual attention (i.e. the desire to provide love and care for each child) is encouraged in your programs.”
- “Our kids have lots of fun while learning about Jesus...they look forward to it all week long...”
- “It’s great to know the range of activities that you offer. I really appreciate the enthusiasm of the leaders and the thoughtfulness and consideration that has gone into the program.”
- “We are new to the program but so far we like the consistency – it’s easy for the little ones to make the transition from one age group to the next...”
- “This interactive approach to engaging with the children is great! I like the idea of using drama, puppets, videos, and other creative elements to tell the bible story.”
Children's Ministry: An Opportunity for Volunteers to Grow
Our programs were created to bless not only the children but the volunteers as well. It is a place where the adults can use their gifts to share God’s love and story to the little ones and be spiritually nourished and blessed by working together with other members of our community.